Festivals in Orlando
Orlando is a huge city and always seems to have something going on. We have done our best to create a comprehensive list of of festivals and events that happen in Orlando on a regular basis. There are of course other special events and festivals that pop up from time to time. If you know of any, please drop us a line in the comments section below and perhaps we will write about it for you here on Why Go Florida.
- Zora Neale Hurston Festival of the Arts and Humanities – This is an African-American festival named in honor of the famous author Zora Neale Hurston. This festival includes art displays, gospel music performances, poetry and R&B music. Also many food stands are available. Usually held near the end of the month.
- Mount Dora Arts Festival – This festival is all about art in and around Orlando. Boasts artwork from more than 300 different artists. Fun and games for the whole family are available.
- Kissimmee Blue Grass Festival – A festival that centers around the music style known as Blue Grass. It is a four-day event and features a lot of music by bluegrass and gospel performers, art exhibits, food and many fun things for families to do – all for free!
- Florida Film Festival – This film festival takes place at the Enzian Theatre and showcases up and coming filmmakers and their work. Attendees may watch selected films and enjoy other various entertainment.
- Rajuncajun Crawfish Festival – A traditional Louisiana Cajun Crawfish festival held annually at Isle of Pines South Beach Park in Orlando. Large emphasis on traditional Cajun-style cuisine, along with music, dancing and art exhibits.
- Marshmallow Drop – A fun-filled Easter event for kids from ages four to twelve. A helicopter drops thousands of marshmallows from the sky for the youngsters to scramble and scoop up. The kids then turn in their marshmallows for candy. Takes place at Bear Creek Park.
- Orlando Carnival – This event takes place over the Memorial Day holiday, and is based off of Mardi Gras and has a Caribbean edge to it. Also features a popular parade.
- Orlando International Fringe Festival – Scottish-styled festival that takes place in downtown Orlando. This festival is spread out over ten days and celebrates the theater and performing arts.
- Gay Days in Orlando – This is a popular gay pride festival features Walt Disney World Resort and Carnival Cruise Lines Official Gay Days Cruise.
- Kissimmee Old Fashioned 4th of July Celebration – A traditional Fourth of July/Independence Day festival featuring spectacular fireworks. Also includes rides, games, food and live entertainment.
- Sounds of Summer – Selected Thursday evenings from the end of July throughout the month of August. This Orlando festival features performers from the Philharmonic presenting various programs.
- Mexican Fiesta – A fun festival which commemorates Mexican Independence Day. Takes place at Lake Eola Park and features traditional Mexican food, music, entertainment and dancing.
- Oktoberfest in Kissimmee – Family oriented Oktoberfest that takes place at Kissimmee’s Osceola Heritage Park near Orlando. Features traditional German food, beer and wine. Also check out live musical acts and cash prizes.
- Lake Eola Celebration in the Park – Music festival featuring performers from the Walt Disney World Resort. Fun highlights include food, fireworks and games for the whole family.
- Festival of the Masters – Takes place in downtown Disney. Features a large variety of artists and their works, all out in the open air.
- Now Snowing Nightly – Christmas festival which takes place in downtown Celebration. Children can visit with Santa. Occurs from the end of November through December. There are also strolling carolers.
- Christmas in the Park – This festival takes place at Winter Park. Centuries-old Tiffany windows are lit and additional festivities including musical performances. Also features food and games.
- Kissimmee Holiday Extravaganza – This festival takes place in Kissimmee’s Lakefront Park , right outside of Orlando. Includes a whopping 20 tons of snow which is trucked in! Also enjoy music and fireworks.
- Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights – A festival displaying a large Christmas light show. Also includes carolers. Over five million lights!